August 13, 2013

Sexy Playlist aka Maybe Skip This One, Dad

The other day I was listening to Radiohead's Ok Computer when "Climbing Up the Wall" came on. I love this song. Hell, I love the album. It's easily in my top ten. I know, it's on a lot of top tens. It's considered their best album, and one of the best albums in at least the past fifty years. Anyway. I remember how that song in particular used to make me feel back when I was sixteen. It made my heart rate slow down and warm all over. Really warm in my special place. The song doesn't affect me as strongly now as it did then, but man something about it really does it for me. There are a couple other songs that had the same effect on me in t, and I played those over and over and over again. If they were on a record, I would've worn that groove out.

Here's my list of songs that made me tingle. In my pants.

Radiohead "Climbing Up the Walls"
The lyrics are not sexy. No. It's the creeping base line.

Blur "Sing"
Maybe it's Damon Albarn. Dude's hot. But if I had to guess, it's the driving anticipation of the chords.

Janet Jackson "If"
This one may be kind of a cheat. The video, the lyrics, JANET, the smoldering and threatening sexuality, all of it. But then again, the whole album is a known baby maker. For me, it's this song.

B.R.M.C. "Love Burns"
"She's all I want to see."

No comments: