July 7, 2013

No Halfsies

I have to commute to Albany for work this month and there's a pool at that YMCA branch. I have access to a pool with my branch but it's at Schenectady High School and it's a hot, muggy and totally wet locker room. I'm talking my glasses are fogged up all the time and there's a filmy layer of water on the floor. It's not the most conducive to starting my morning from there. However, the Albany branch is so I want to get more swimming in this summer while I commute.

I was so excited to get some swimming in but I woke up with my leg in pain so I brought my bag to swim after work. I got all my shit together out of the bag- swim cap, nose plug, ear plugs- and took my pants off. I go to unwind the swimsuit only to realize it's just a sports bra. "This isn't a swimsuit." I put my pants back on, packed up my stuff and left. Super bummed. At home I immediately found my swimsuit and put it out.

On Friday I had time to kill between shifts so I brought my bag again. Was really looking forward to some laps. I love swimming. LOVE it. I got all my shit together out of the bag- swim cap, nose plug, ear plugs- and took my pants off. I went to unwind my swimsuit only to find out IT WAS THE SAME SPORTS BRA. What the eff??? I didn't take it out of my bag!? Where the eff is my swimsuit? Didn't I put it in my bag???

No.

Once home, I went looking for it. It was right where I left it- hanging on my closet door. WHY DID I DO THAT??

When I told my mom about it she asked why I didn't just put the sports bra on and go swimming? BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO SWIM IN A SPORTS BRA AND PANTIES. In a public pool. I don't think that's even legal.

The swimsuit is now safely in the gym bag. I'm going to try this again tomorrow. Wish me luck.

No comments: