January 1, 2010

Not Too Bad, 2009

I'm not about resolutions. I'm about goals. And I think using January 1st as an excuse to better yourself is lazy. If there is something you want to change about yourself there is no better time than the present. Anyway, I digress. Let's see how I did on last year's goals:

1. Get a new full time job.
Though getting fired was the worst thing I've ever experienced, I couldn't be happier
that I'm out of that place and on my way to my career.

2. Reach my goal weight.
Yeah, about that...

3. Compete in three triathlons.
Check! I actually competed in four because I did one as a member of a team.

4. Do not increase debt.
Totally! I am on my way to financial security. Unless the wedding has something to say about
that.

5. Get a better time for the Crystal Lake Triathlon.
Yes indeedy! I shaved four minutes off of my swim time and had very swift transition times.

2010 brings a different set of goals. I'm going to have to think of some good, attainable ones because Life is starting to get in the way of plans I was starting to make. I can't do Crystal Lake this year because of my honeymoon. And I'm upset about the way the circumstances played out. One of my goals should be about rolling better with the punches I know are coming.

No comments: