November 23, 2009

Prick Up Your Ears

I've been playing around on Youtube to get more familiar with some artists that don't get a lot of airplay. I'm going to share some of them with you.

My sister introduced me to an electronica band called MSTRKRFT. I immediately fell in love with the traditional piano paired with the drum machine. I love, love, love it. This video is the only embeddable version I can find worth posting. The sound quality is awesome and I enjoy watching him dance. "Heartbreaker" by MSTRKFT with John Legend:

(This dude has an entire channel on the tubes to him dancing to MSTRKFT. All of them in his basement. I kind of love that a lot.)

The same record label that represents MSTRCRFT represents Klaxons, a British band that I found a few years ago. I have a few of their singles and all of them are pretty solid. Klaxons probably aren't going to catch on in the States simply because they are somewhere between a British rock band and a British glam rock band and their videos are usually abstract and arty. "It's Not Over Yet" by Klaxons.

No comments: