July 31, 2008

My Local Hero

There is a corner store that I go to during work to get snacks or drinks. We don't have any vending machines on the premises so my friend and I will take a breath of air to get our trans fat for the day. I casually (okay, emphatically) told the owner that I was a fan of the best! candy bar in the world- the Milkyway Midnight- and that he needed to stock it. I didn't think he would take me seriously until I went there one day and he bought them! He remembered that I liked them and pointed me in their direction. Unfortunately my friend and I are the only ones who buy them so I feel obligated to purchase only that candy bar. Today I wanted a Twix but I had to buy a Milkyway Midnight because otherwise I would be a jerk. So if you're in the vicinity of Finnigan's Corner Store on Quail and Central, buy a Milkyway Midnight. They are super yummy!

Anyway, the store owner isn't my local hero. The guy at minute marker :57 is:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1137806146/bclid1143371293/bctid1690990155

1 comment:

Tina Winston said...

Wow! Mikey was on tv, that's awesome. And I'm impressed they said his name right :).