October 14, 2012

Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me on Camera

Part of my job is to promote tourism to the county in which I live and work. On Wednesday, the first day I came back to work from a long weekend visiting my mother and sister in Atlanta, I was asked to kill two to three minutes on one of our public access shows. This wouldn't have been a problem if my hair wasn't all akimbo in a bad ponytail and if I wasn't in my casual jeans and a sweater comfort outfit. But I said I'd do it because no one else was around to talk about it and someone had to do it. So on camera I went.

Luckily it wasn't a live recording because two things happened. One- I totally blanked in the middle of a question. I just stood there blinking with my mouth agape like a cave-man saying, "uhhhh, uhhhhh, uhhhh, um." All that was missing was some drool. But I was told that's okay- they could edit around it. So take two. During take number two, a fly thought my face was the only place to be while I was able to choke out something coherent. It landed on my glasses. Then it landed on my cheek. It was just all over my moneymaker. I just kept talking because that's what you do- trying not to blink too much or swat at the fly.

I have no video to share with you all so you could see the trainwreck. Otherwise I would be happy to. I haven't even seen it myself. I doubt there's very much of my face because of the fly. And I bet my clip is only a minute thanks to my difficulty using the English language. Oh well. Just another day at the office.

No comments: