August 25, 2010

My Favorite Things: About Ernest Borgnine

5. Borgnine's full legal name makes me want to eat Indian food with champagne- Ermes Effron Borgnino.

4. His work as the doorman of John Silverman's sitcom masterpiece "The Single Guy." Ernest brought me many laughs in my most formative years. And I thank him.

3. The man's tireless support of feminism:
They tried it the wrong way. You can't expect anyone to take you seriously if you burn your undies and tell me I'm a pig. That's why it failed. Too many ugly broads telling me that they don't want to sleep with me. Who wanted you anyway?
And:
I hate hippies and dopeheads. Just hate them. I'm glad we sent the men off to war. They came back with a sense of responsibility and respect. We should have grabbed the women, given them a bath, put a chastity belt on them, and put them in secretary school.
2. Oohh la la. His teeth.
1. Back in 1964, Borgnine married Ethel Merman. The marriage ended after a month because she couldn't stand the fact that he was the bigger star.

2 comments:

dad said...

You so rock--Ernest Borgnine? Crazy! Did you ever see Marty? Better to remember him in that than in From Here To Eternity as "Fatso."
His TV show McHale's Navy was wildly popular, and brought out such names as Tim Conway and that guy that played Capt Stuebing on Love Boat. Excellent post!

belleshpgrl said...

Thanks, Dad!!