February 17, 2010

Cynical About Everything Else But

As I reflect on this year's Hallmark Holiday I realize that I actually enjoy Valentine's Day. It's what Christmas could be if it didn't come with forced, pressure filled family time. It's a day to tell the people in your life that you care about them, however you see fit. And that is pretty awesome. You don't need all the crap that comes with it- candy, hearts, flowers, lingerie. All you need to do is give someone a moment and remind them that no one is truly alone on Valentine's Day. Spend a little time with your loved-ones. Be it on the phone, in person or by note. And magically, that person's Valentine's Day that much less miserable.

These few days since Valentine's Day has made me realize everyday can be Valentine's Day. Just take a breather and thank those around you for being there. So. Thank you. I wouldn't be who I am without any of you. Happy Belated Valentine's Day, lovies. Or rather, Happy February 17th. You make my day brighter with each smile.

2 comments:

dad said...

Allow me to be the first to thank you for this entry, a sweet moment of thoughtful repose. Also, I want to thank you for posting something to allow me to move past your previous, ahem, entry. Yes, I was warned, but who wouldn't read on I ask you??? Let me take this opportunity to advise you that another entry such as the previous will result in my e-mailing you a detailed account of both my hemmorrhoidectomy AND my vasectomy. In FULL detail. I will include colorful simile, metaphor, analogy, and yes, even some alliteration. You... are served.

belleshpgrl said...

Wowie wow, Dad. I have indeed been served. :)