January 23, 2009

Really Universe?

A few years ago my passenger side mirror was knocked off. It was hanging by the power mirror wire until someone decided to rip it off and take it. So I replaced it. A few months ago someone broke the same mirror but was nice enough to not steal it. The glass was broken out so I replaced it. Yesterday, Mike told me someone nicked my driver side mirror. The glass is still there and the wires still work. However, there is no side to my side mirror. Looking at it from inside my car, it appears artistic. I couldn't get a good look at it in the dark but something tells me liquid can get in there and fuck things up. So, I think I'll replace it.

I really want to blame college kids for this one like I could blame college kids for the other. Since it was previously my passenger side it meant only one thing- passerby. Drunken, sloppy, douchey, inconsiderate passerby. This time it is very likely that my car was simply clipped by another car. With the snow not being cleared properly in Albany (I mean come on!! It's not like we've never gotten snow before!!) cars have to hang in the street a little more than usual. So I can see how it is a simple and logical possibility. Mike says that kind of stuff happens when you park on the street in a city. But that doesn't mean I can't be raging mad about it.

I can see the end of my car payments. They are in reach. I've been paying off Cagney for five and a half years. She is almost mine. I CAN TASTE IT. But for the past six months I've been walking around with a knot in my stomach. Every time I hear a thud at our intersection I run out to check if my car is involved. I'm just waiting for it. And here I am with ANOTHER BUSTED MIRROR and I'm convinced it will lead to trouble if it goes unchecked and I will lose my car forever and never EVER see the end of car payments. The only reason I could afford my car in the first place is because of a sinfully low interest rate that I will NEVER SEE AGAIN. *insert unintelligible ranting here* Sigh.

Karma, I would prefer a detailed memo of what I'm doing wrong instead of a string of broken side mirrors. Mmmmk? Thanks.

1 comment:

Tina Winston said...

I feel your pain. I have had to replace the rear bumper on my car three times now, and I've only had it for three years. You can be as raging mad as you like, sister!