December 12, 2008

I Knew I'd Forget Something!

How could I forget these songs?

Ron Sexsmith, "Maybe This Christmas"

Ignore the cheesy video. It was this, or one with just the lyrics, or one with The O.C. kids all over it. I feel so warm and fuzzy now.

The Waitresses, "Christmas Wrapping"

I didn't watch this all the way through but I know without watching it that it's better than the Spice Girls' cover that I didn't know existed until today. (You guessed it, it's crap.) This was one of the first non-traditional Christmas songs I heard and it wasn't until high school that I heard it.

Vince Guaraldi, "Christmas Time is Here"

Who doesn't associate this song with a great Christmas memory?

What are your favorites?

2 comments:

Tina Winston said...

I, too, immensely enjoy the Little Drummer Boy from Messieurs Bowie and Crosby. But my all-time favorite is The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole. I also love his Adeste Fideles.

Anonymous said...

You'll also want to check out an old Christmas tune by this band called Fishbone. I believe the song is the story of It's a Wonderful Life. Don't remember the exact name of it, though. Classic!