November 17, 2008

Like a Genital Wart

Sarah Palin has taken her hair down and her gloves off. She is everywhere talking about how she was handled in the campaign, how she's not a diva and about how she doesn't know what she's going to do with her career in the future. I think she's full of crap. She was a total diva, she needed handlers because she doesn't know what she's talking about and she's going to try to run for president in 2012. Shut up already, lady. She needs to go back to Alaska and stay there. But no. She had way too much fun in the spotlight. She loved every minute of campaigning. Heck, it got her on Saturday Night Live with Alec Baldwin. It's painfully obvious that she wants to continue her time in the sun or she wouldn't have this media blitz going on for weeks after the election.

I'm sure that if I were in her shoes I would be totally star struck and really excited about the attention and the doors that were once closed now being opened for me. But she's taking it beyond a level of professionalism and turning it into a dog and pony show. Have some respect for yourself, Sarah, and quietly go back home and do the job you were elected to do. You have a new baby and a grand baby coming. You pride yourself on your family values and you're continuing to ignore them to prolong your 15 minutes of fame.

If she were smart, and I think she's proving quite effectively that she's not, she would go back to Alaska, admit it was a hard campaign but it went well, do the job she was hired to do and reassess in four years. But something tells me she's not going to do that. She's going to show up when you least expect or want her to. Just like a flare-up of gentital warts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%, she needs to do the job she was voted in to do by Alaskans. Remember when I said she might make herself a Senator because Ted Stevens (no relation) is going to jail? Lots of buzz out there about it, I hope it's not true. I really think she is not the future of the Republican party. They need to rethink a lot to be competitive any time soon, especially any fundamentalist Christian agenda.