November 16, 2008

I Want to Dream a Book Up and Then Make Millions With It

There have been few books that I have read that made me think about the book constantly until I could pick it back up and read it again. Right now I am reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (who wrote nothing before this book and is now a bazillionaire- all because she dreamt about a vampire and a girl in the forest) and it's fitting that description. It's all the rage these days because the movie adaptation is coming out this Friday and I admit, I'm excited and already have my ticket. I'm not reading it constantly because I want to get it out of the way so the movie ruins anything. I'm reading it because I am really attached to these characters. The plot isn't very complicated, there is no subtext, the vocabulary isn't difficult, but the characters are charming. I'm looking forward to reading the other three as soon as I can. I don't want the actors in my head while I read the others. Gosh, I hope the movie doesn't suck.

I'm sure I'll have more to say about the series when I finish it but it's really exciting to have a book that I find enthralling. I found The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime enthralling but it was too short to become really absorbed in the author's world. Twilight is really fitting the bill for me. It's light, fun, engrossing, and easy. I've been punishing myself lately so this is a welcome change.

No comments: