January 2, 2011

Ain't Too Proud

Remember when I earlier posted about pushing myself out of my comfort zone? Well, here's the best example I have of that. I set up a fundraising gadget to the side of the blog, and on the bottom of this post, to raise money for capital to start my bookstore. I need a bank or other lender to loan me a lot of money- $115,000 to be exact- and banks like to see more self-raised money than I've been able to liquidate. Other entrepreneurs turn to friends and family for loans of large sums. My friends and family don't have large sums to lend. So I'm turning to everyone out there for help, a little at a time. If you're a casual blog reader, think of this as giving me a busking tip- like I'm singing on the side of the street and you toss me a dollar. If you're a friend or family member, I'll bake you some cookies. Heck, I'll bake anyone who donates cookies. Send me your address and I'll do it. You tell me what kind, I'll bake them to order.

This is hard for me because 1) I'm afraid I'll turn off some people. 2) This feels kind of humiliating like I'm admitting I'm unable to start this by myself. 3) What if no one helps? That is terrifying. But really, 1) If someone out there doesn't approve, they don't have to donate. 2) Sometimes you need help. The brave thing is admitting it and looking for it. And 3) Someone out there will help.

So, if you're someone who wants to help please donate or direct people to this post or just send out good energy into the world in my general direction. Please don't feel obligated. Really. Just your reading this this far is awesome. This is a totally secure transaction. I will not have access to any account information. The donation goes directly into my paypal account. I'm not asking for much. I'll be grateful for anything- $5 is great. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: