November 7, 2009

Well Helloooo Schenectady!

Tonight Mike and I are eating a chicken casserole to carb/protein load before our 15k tomorrow. Mike is sort of meh about the whole thing but I'm feeling pretty excited! We're running in Schenectady- a town we've never done a race in and it'll be GORGEOUS tomorrow. It's November 8th and the temperature is going to be a high of 61. FanTAStic! The race doesn't start until 9am and we've already picked up our packets so we don't have to get up all that early. I think it's all super great.

The reason Mike isn't as jazzed as I is because he doesn't feel prepared. I do but I don't. I've been keeping up my cardio and I've added lifting so it's not like I'm going terribly cold. I did five miles on Thursday and my foot is feeling fine. Overall I think I'll do okay. The race course closes after two hours so I need to be speedy! I am aiming for under 1:45. That's my simple, please-dear-God-achievable, goal. I'm pondering if I want headphones or not. I could always bring them and decide then. Right?

There is a two mile incline (200 feet over 2 miles and that isn't too bad) otherwise it's a fairly flat course through a park and old town Schenectady called the Stockade. The Stockade (the race is called the Stockade-athon, the oldest 15k in the country) is a really, really old part of town that used to be the market, like, back in the 1700s and stuff. I'm excited to check it out. I've always wanted to go and I think this'll be a great way to do that. I don't know if I could have a better Sunday morning- fresh air and exercise with like-minded people and my sexy man-friend? All before noon? Awesome.

1 comment:

Cmoore180 said...

I hope it went well!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!