November 14, 2009

It's Not Over Yet

I made the rutabaga stew last night and might I say it was a massive hit!! I love the recipe because everything in it was fresh (except the chicken broth but I think I'm going to try to make some myself soon.) But fresh herbs and fresh veg- awesome. Mike loved it and I loved it. I wanted to take it to lunch for the committee meeting today (more on that tomorrow- I am brain fried) but I forgot it on the counter in my rush to the gym. Sad panda. It's one of those recipes that will be better the next time around so I'm looking forward to it. I didn't cook the veggies to complete softness so they won't be complete mush in the encore serving.

As for the celery root? I am sad to report that I couldn't even unwrap it because the whole thing rotted out. It shouldn't have because it was supposed to be good for two weeks in the fridge and it had been only five days. I figure it must've been on the outs when we bought it. Man, when I picked it up to chop it... nayasty. I checked out the other celery roots at the grocery store today and they weren't that mushy- some mush, but not much at all. I was really starting to look forward to trying celery root, too. Oh well. I threw a potato in to make up for it. Next time, celeriac. Next time.

No comments: